I’m a freelance journalist currently based in Ottawa, Canada. I like to cover labour, migration and human rights (among other things).
I can write, edit and produce audio (for radio + podcasts).
Follow me on Twitter, and/or contact me at haseenamanek (at) gmail (dot) com.
Here are some examples of my work:
- Why Prison Labour Doesn’t Work Early Magazine, March 2022
- Organizing food workers across borders Media Co-op, December 2021
- Progressive economist banking on Bernie Sanders-style grassroots campaign in Ottawa The Breach, September 2021
- Invested in crisis Briarpatch Magazine, July 2020
- Abandoned and disposable: An agricultural worker speaks out Our Times Magazine, April 2020
- Essential but precarious: Toronto bike couriers fight for a union Rank and File, March 2020
- DNA sweeps: How a lack of oversight permits police coercion VICE News, October 2016
- Muslim feminisms: solidarity before censure Guts Magazine, February 2016
Want to see more? Click here.